"bailing out to OC" - was: Re: heads up 4.1 and personal down time

Linus Torvalds torvalds at linux-foundation.org
Sun May 4 12:21:56 PDT 2014

On Sun, May 4, 2014 at 12:02 PM, Lutz Vieweg <lvml at 5t9.de> wrote:

> One thing I always wanted to know: Are there direct flights to Palau
> from the US, or do you have to fly further to the west and then back?

Several possibilities. Nothing from *mainlaind* US, but Guam, Tokyo or
Seoul all have flights to or from Palau. Flying through Hawaii and
Guam is likely the "straightest" route, but involves more plane
changes.

Palau is mostly straight south from Japan. Seoul is a bit more west
and then a bit back. Or Manila (even further west).

The biggest issue tends to be days and directions - it's not like
there are daily flights to all those choices. More like twice a week
etc. So there are different choices to get to/from Palau, but any
particular day those choices may be very limited.

             Linus