locations and coordinates

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Tue May 6 07:23:12 PDT 2014

Hi

I know we went over this in the past, but I can't seem to find the final
email on that in my archives...

If a user types in a location name that is already in the divelist and
has GPS coordinates, then those coordinates are set for the new dive.

But if a user has many dives with the same (non-empty) location name,
and none of those dives has coordinates, then setting the coordinates
for one of those dives... should that populate the coordinates for all
of those dives?

I clearly remember some discussion of this topic, but what was the final
answer? The code right now clearly doesn't do this - and looking at the
sources for 3.1 we didn't do it then, either. So my guess is the final
answer was "no, don't do that". But why?

Or did I just not have enough coffee, yet?