Invasive fix committed - please review and test

Linus Torvalds torvalds at linux-foundation.org
Tue May 6 12:37:32 PDT 2014

On Tue, May 6, 2014 at 11:21 AM, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:

> As indicated in my last email, the Qt version of Subsurface got the
> multi edit semantics wrong. I just pushed two commits that I THINK fix
> this, but I am understandably rather nervous about this.

Looks ok to me. In various places we've considered the NULL pointer
and an empty text field to be the same, and your EDIT_TEXT doesn't do
that, but that seems like a small thing.

I do think that a helper function for that string comparison would be
a good idea. Just something like

   bool same_string(const char *a, const char *b)
   {
      return !strcmp(a ? : "", b ? : "");
   }

would do it.