Stuck making Subsurface on Mac

Steve Ratts steveratts at gmail.com
Fri May 23 19:32:29 PDT 2014

Thanks Dirk,

I uninstalled qt (to get rid of dbus), and then installed it again, and
reran the make on marble (getting the 'Qt QTDBUS library not found'
messages)

brew uninstall qt
brew install qt
cd ~/src/marble/build
cmake -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Debug -DQTONLY=TRUE
-DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr/local ../sources
cd src/lib/marble
make -j4
install_name_tool -id /usr/local/lib/`echo libmarblewidget.??.dylib`
libmarblewidget.dylib
cp *dylib /usr/local/lib/
mkdir -p /usr/local/include/marble
cd ../../../../sources/src/lib
cp $(find . -name '*.h') /usr/local/include/marble/

The version of libgit2 I have is apparently v0.20.0. When I previously
executed the brew install libgit2 I got the following response.

==> Downloading https://github.com/libgit2/libgit2/archive/v0.20.0.tar.gz
100.0%
==> cmake .. -DBUILD_TESTS=NO
-DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr/local/Cellar/libgit2/0
==> make install
🍺  /usr/local/Cellar/libgit2/0.20.0: 69 files, 1.2M, built in 19 seconds

Going back through my install log, I see that the version of AsciiDoc brew
installed was 8.6.9.mavericks, and that brew advised I should add 'export
XML_CATALOG_FILES=/usr/local/etc/xml/catalog' to my .bashrc file, which I
did, and of course I also sourced that file to refresh things. However I
now get the following error when attempting to make the documentation from
within the Documentation folder

a2x -f pdf user-manual.txt
a2x: ERROR: "dblatex" -t pdf -p
"/usr/local/Cellar/asciidoc/8.6.9/etc/asciidoc/dblatex/asciidoc-dblatex.xsl"
-s
"/usr/local/Cellar/asciidoc/8.6.9/etc/asciidoc/dblatex/asciidoc-dblatex.sty"
  "/Users/Steve/src/subsurface/Documentation/user-manual.xml" returned
non-zero exit status 127
make: *** [user-manual.pdf] Error 1

Given this result, I opted for Robert's suggestion to cp
Documentation/user-manual.html.git Documentation/user-manual.html

This appears to get me unstuck and I've now been able to do a make for
subsurface.

Good news! The app runs, loads my divelog, and now reports itself as
Subsurface 4.1.74

Next step is to see what can be done about adding filtering to columns, and
possibly work on improving the Uemis download (which is, quite frankly,
flaky)

Thanks!
Steve