planning for 4.5

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Fri Apr 24 07:23:51 PDT 2015

On Fri, Apr 24, 2015 at 03:14:20PM +0200, Davide DB wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 24, 2015 at 2:19 PM, Davide DB <dbdavide at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi Dirk,
> >
> > Is this the latest win32 build whit the latest feature?
> >
> > subsurface-4.4.1.411.exe 2015-04-23 14:00
>
> I did a quick tour of the latest build.
>
> I did not understood if you want to implement dive site tags for 4.5
> or just migrating to the new V3 file structure?

I need to go back and look through the emails :-/
I remember some discussions about tags vs. taxonomy and I just don't
remember where we ended up.

> Anyway the migration process is a bit scary at the moment but I
> understand is just a dev version.

Yes, all the debug output will of course be removed.

> Whatever location management you will implement, you should really
> implement a user friendly wizard explaining what is going to happen
> with great detail.

Yes. Agreed. Not sure how "wizary" this will be, but this is the area I
want to make sure we get right. Or at least we don't get so wrong that it
becomes hard to fix in the future.

> Is it normal that after import logs I get a ton of these logs:
>
> QFSFileEngine::open: No file name specified

This is marble trying to open files with an empty string as file name.
I keep wanting to fix that in our branch :-/

Thanks for taking the time to look.

Can you help us to figure out what exactly we should do when converting
the locations and how this should be handled from a user experience point
of view?

That would make things so much easier for Tomaz and me :-)