at some point we need to release Subsurface 4.5

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Thu Aug 27 08:50:05 PDT 2015

On Thu, Aug 27, 2015 at 07:57:34AM -0700, Dirk Hohndel wrote:

> > > Also ready for Beta 1, except for OS X where it also doesn't appear to
> > > work at all :-(
> >
> > Can you be more specific? Is your local Bluetooth adapter recognized? Did you receive some specific errors?
>
> Bluetooth on my Mac is suddenly "unavailable". Need to figure out what's up with that (it's only
> a few months old).

OK, deleting the plist file, shutting the system down and restarting
worked. BT is alive and well again. Here's what Subsurface reports:

"The local Bluetooth adapter cannot be accessed."

So this indicated that in BtDeviceSelectionDialog::updateLocalDeviceInformation()
localDevice->isValid() returns false...

So QtBT isn't finding any devices. Any suggestions how to debug that?