Subsurface-mobile use

K. "pestophagous" Heller pestophagous at gmail.com
Thu Dec 3 13:08:46 PST 2015

On Thu, Dec 3, 2015 at 9:16 AM, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 03, 2015 at 04:25:56PM +0000, John Smith wrote:
>>
>> Out of interest, when do you think you might get Editting and downloading working?
>
> The main QML UI developer right now is Sebastian and he is working on
> several other projects as well, so his contributions tend to come in
> chunks of "a few hours on a random day". I'm thrilled and excited that
> he's working on this - but we really need more people to wrap their mind
> around QML and contribute. I keep trying to encourage people to do so but
> haven't seen a lot of results so far...

Shameless plug:
"results so far" include:
http://lists.subsurface-divelog.org/pipermail/subsurface/2015-November/thread.html#23414

accept it for the sake of supporting QML pokery!
:)
(there's no QML in the patch, but it was a result of some efforts to
build and launch and debug the mobile version.)

--------------------

recruiting hackers/testers of the mobile UI, it bears repeating what
Dirk said in November:

<quote>

And oh btw - you can quite easily test the QML on the desktop.
Simply enable SUBSURFACE_MOBILE in the cmake (easily
done with ccmake ) and you can build subsurface-mobile
on your Linux box ...
And then you can work on the QML code and test it quite efficiently.
/D

</quote>

i had no intention of hacking on the mobile version until i saw that.
OTOH, it seems several bug reports are now specific to actual phones,
so building on the desktop won't necessarily help with that...
but it's a step in the right direction, no?

then the next step is to install linux trickle daemon to simulate slow
3G data transfer while on the desktop :)

/K