warning: cmake changes

Tomaz Canabrava tcanabrava at kde.org
Wed Dec 16 12:34:09 PST 2015

On Wed, Dec 16, 2015 at 6:19 PM, Lubomir I. Ivanov <neolit123 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On 16 December 2015 at 20:30, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:
> > master has most likely just been broken for you.
> >
> > That is intentional. It's been super quiet here so I figured I'd mix
> > things up.
> >
> > Ok, that's not entirely true. It's much more that we needed to untangle
> > the cmake files a bit more and this is the current status which seems to
> > be mostly working but needs a lot more testing and almost certainly a few
> > more fixes.
> >
> > But instead of keeping this in private branches I wanted to get this out
> > so more people get exposed to it.
> >
> > So if you feel brave, give it a spin :-)
> >

> i spent 30 minutes trying to make it work but i gave up.
>
> scripts/gen-version.sh is not being found:
>
> it works if the following in cmake/Modules/version.cmake:
> - COMMAND sh scripts/get-version ${VER_OS}
> + COMMAND sh ../scripts/get-version ${VER_OS}
> - COMMAND sh scripts/get-version linux
> + COMMAND sh ../scripts/get-version linux
> - COMMAND sh scripts/get-version full
> + COMMAND sh ../scripts/get-version full
> <similar pathing bellow>
>

> but then desktop-widgets\updatemanager.cpp doesn't seem to find
> subsurface-core/version.h (e.g. subsurface_get_version())
>
> is it me or cmake has turned the project build setup into a
> complicated bloat-mess?

Well, er...I'm the guilty of that.

CMake has a better support than QMake on the community and it's what I was
used to work because of KDE / Real work, so for me it's easier to work
with.

When I started the port to cmake, I made it because of a few reasons:
1 - I belive that CMake language is easier to understand than QMake language
2 - It has a better documentation.

On the first round of patches trying to make this rework happen I compiled
under linux and mac, so I probably broke something later, wich I'll fix on
the Mac side today, don't worry.

I just fixed the windows build using MXE and the Linux builds.

if you look at the CMakeLists.txt file now, it's way better than what we
used to have, I'm sorry about the regressions but I'm fixing them.

Tomaz