Subsurface dive planner - List of findings

Joakim Bygdell j.bygdell at gmail.com
Sat Feb 14 09:03:53 PST 2015

>> With the new dive planner I have the following issue:
>> When I plan a dives the tool always uses the gases EAN33 and Tx50/15 while I didn't select them. I selected Tx21/35, EAN50 and Oxy for my dive.
>
> The planner always comes up with the gases of the currently selected dive. That way you can plan a dive that is similar to an existing one. Or you can save fake dives to represent standard gas sets and start planning from those.

This issue comes from that some dive computers (Shearwater, OSTC and maybe some other) always reports all defined gases eve if they where not used during the dive.
Subsurface shows only the used gases unless the “Show unused cylinders in equipment tab” is checked in subsurfaces preferences, it can be found under “Graph” in preferences.
The planner reads all gases of the selected dive, even the unused ones.

To solve your problem, check the box in the preferences so you will see all gases then start the planner.
Remove the gases you don’t intend to use before you start entering the waypoints.

> Best
> Robert

/Jocke