Current subsurface issues..

Jef Driesen jef at libdivecomputer.org
Mon Jun 15 00:22:25 PDT 2015

On 2015-06-15 06:58, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 14, 2015 at 3:24 PM, Linus Torvalds
> <torvalds at linux-foundation.org> wrote:
>>
>> Our handling of "air time remaining" events is pretty nasty. This is
>> not new, but I noticed just because I added support for it to the EON
>> steel backend now that the v1.1.15 release has airtime support.
>
> Actually, I take that back.
>
> I think I just misused the SAMPLE_EVENT_AIRTIME in the EON Steel
> parser. I think it's meant to be an actual warning event, and
> subsurface shows it correctly, and I was wrong to make the EON Steel
> parser generate those events.
>
> If we want to actually have a "dive computer reports an air time of X"
> (the same way we have the ndl value), I think we'd have to add a new
> interface for it.

You're looking for DC_SAMPLE_RBT. This name has its roots in the Uwatec
devices and means "Remaining Bottom Time". The Uwatec manual describes
it as follows:

"Remaining Bottom Time, it is the time that a diver can spend at the
current depth before having to ascend in order to reach the surface with
the set tank reserve. The RBT accounts for all existing (if present) and
upcoming decompression obligations."

Jef