Project_ideas

Tomaz Canabrava tcanabrava at kde.org
Thu Mar 5 11:20:23 PST 2015

On Thu, Mar 5, 2015 at 2:09 PM, Osanda Wedamulla <osanda1989 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I am a third year student at Department of Computing and Information
> System, Sabaragamuwa University, Sri Lanka. I would like to contribute to
> your project with GSOC 2015. So are there any ideas  that I can look into.
> Also few guide lines to start up.
>
> I already followed your Idea list[1] and I find that subsurface has many
> new features that be added. So I would like to develop needed features with
> you.
> I have refereed all the Ideas and I am intent to contribute my work effort
> among adding asset management to subsurface. I have done some project
> regarding
> bilding android app development and have good knowledge on Data
> structures. As programming language I am fluent in basically c++ and Java.
> And a have some ecperience with Qt based development.
>
> So I hope any mentor assign to this project will reply me soon.

Well, you said that  you'd like to start contributing with asset management.
try to understand our codebase and see what needed datastructures will be
needed,
compile the software and open a few dive files to see how everything works
try to fix a bug or improve something before summer of code, this will tell
us that you can indeed program.

Tomaz