GSoC 2015 - Touch UI Port (Android)

Abhishek Kumar abhishek11006 at iiitd.ac.in
Sat Mar 7 09:31:35 PST 2015

Hi,

I am Abhishek from IIIT Delhi pursuing B.Tech in computer science and
currently in final year. I love programming and developing android
applications and have been doing so for over two years now. I am also
working as an Android Developer for a startup as an intern.

Some of the projects that I have done are :

1. Complaint Registration Portal : Here, the user can register a complaint
by simply clicking the picture and writing something about the complaint.
This is saved on the server. From the server we take the data and create a
map to show the regions where we have received complaints from and also
show them according to category of complaint. In this appliaction user was
allowed to either login through facebook or creatre a new account to send a
complaint.

Link to githib : https://github.com/abhiMishka

Website : http://mobile-computing.parseapp.com/

2. Accident Detection Aplplication :This application uses GPS,
Accelerometer and other sensor information to predict if the user has been
in an accident and reports his/her family members.

Link to code :
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/orel2uik9ax5mdp/AAD5WtNkkFRsRTHBqGUA-69Qa?dl=0

3. Financial Funda (Educative Application) : This android application was
to help young children in understing basics of finance. This app. was
created as a part of SEBI mobile application deveopment contest.

Link to app : http://mall.soc.io/MyApps

Website : http://financialfunda.parseapp.com/

4. Health Monitor : This is a current application I am working on. It takes
the data from sensors from Arduino over Wifi and display it using graphs on
android application. I am hadling both, android and embedded side of the
application.

I was at the project page of your organization and the found the project
"Touch UI Port (Android) ". You have mentioned that you will be working on
Qt with Android. I have a lot of experience in Android but not on Qt. Could
you provide some pointers for me to get started so that I can contribute to
this project.

Thanks

--
Abhishek Kumar