Galileo Sol dive log decoding.

Jef Driesen jef at libdivecomputer.org
Mon Mar 9 08:19:48 PDT 2015

On 2015-03-09 14:24, Willem Ferguson wrote:
> I am currently working with dive logs of the Galileo. I am looking at
> the events during the dive.

Are you talking about direct downloading from the dive computer, or
importing from the Uwatec application?

> The following events are recorded:
> a) Several alarms, e.g rapid acscent, MOD alarm, excessive workload,
> CNS overload, missed deco stop, RBT exceeded. Some of these have a
> second marker for resetting the alarm (e.g. MOD; ascent rate).
> b) Events such as gas change and bookmarks.
>
> 1) Which of these are handled by libdivecomputer and can therefore be
> handles in Subsurface? This will determine which ones I will
> specifically look at.

Have a look at the libdivecomputer parser_sample_event_t enum. It lists
all the events that are supported today. Note that the current events
were modeled after the Suunto event model. This will be reworked
significantly after the v0.5 release, and not all events will be kept
(especially the Suunto specific ones).

> 2) I would prefer just providing the dive log details for
> implementation, for instance "this is how gas changes are recorded
> into the dive log...". Would this be workable for you at all?

Sure. If you're going to reverse engineer the data, you'll be interested
in these pages:

http://diversity.sourceforge.net/uwatec_smart_format.html
http://diversity.sourceforge.net/uwatec_galileo_format.html

They are lacking in a few areas, but as a starting point they are still
a good reference.

BTW, you can always document your findings on the libdivecomputer wiki.

Jef