Marble problem (was Coordinates and dive mapping)

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Fri Oct 2 14:27:32 PDT 2015

> On Oct 2, 2015, at 5:22 PM, Willem Ferguson <willemferguson at zoology.up.ac.za> wrote:
>

> |   I'd say so - assuming you are building in ~/src/...
> |

> Yes, I build in ~/src/
> willem~ cd src
> willem~/src$ ls
> build.log  grantlee  install-root  libdivecomputer  libgit2  marble-source  subsurface
> willem~/src$
>
> Any other ideas to understand what causes marble panel to be black?
>
> The cursor for my marble is a hand. However, there is an area at the centre top where the cursor changes to an arrow. Depending on the proximity to the edge of this area, the arrow points left, right or upwards. See attached image. This suggests that the cursor is globe-aware but there no globe shown.
I'm not sure. One thing to try is to remove the build directory (just Subsurface, not all the dependent libraries) and rebuild Subsurface. It could also be something with your settings?
It's really confusing for me - and not something I can reproduce.

Can you create a new user and install one of the daily build binaries and test?