Bluetooth blues

Willem Ferguson willemferguson at zoology.up.ac.za
Wed Sep 9 08:33:27 PDT 2015

On 09/09/2015 16:56, Claudiu Olteanu wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> It seems that it doesn't use our custom implementation for the open
> method.
> It should use *shearwater_common_custom_open *to open the device.
> This means that your libdivecomputer version is incorrect or the
> SSRF_CUSTOM_SERIAL wasn't cached correctly.
>
> After commit [1] it shouldn't show the Bluetooth option if the
> SSRF_CUSTOM_SERIAL
> macro is undefined.
>
> Also the commit [2] should fix some problems with the Shearwater
> devices which lead to SEGV.
>
> Let me know if you encounter the same problems using the latest
> versions of Subsurface and libdc.
>
> Cheers,
> Claudiu
>
> [1] -
> https://github.com/torvalds/subsurface/commit/a0e33bec7116f6848c8fdc618ee1ef1e2641ecd9
> [2] -
> http://git.subsurface-divelog.org/index.cgi?p=libdc.git;a=commit;h=8932b2a936a237284e0bffcea562c406551ab433

Claudio my SHA is pretty recent,  cb1aac0c4d9c, from this morning, it is
the commit AFTER the commit of your patch a0e33be.
I will keep an eye on this. I am on my way to the USA right now, so I
may possibly only get an opportunity to test again in a month's time.
Sorry for that, but I will keep this pretty high on my priority list. I
hope to be able to work with the latest daily builds while there.

Kind regards,
willem