Androind build -900

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Wed Mar 2 06:22:25 PST 2016

On Tue, Mar 01, 2016 at 10:48:57AM -0800, Dirk Hohndel wrote:

> > I did find a couple of oddities that may have been there for a while though:
> > 1. Open the bottom dive in the dive list, then go to manually add a dive. The new entry dialog appears pefectly normal, but on saving, it produces an /interesting/ effect (for the wary, with large log files, try selecting a dive a few entries in at the start, rather than the bottom of the list!)
>
> Hehe, that's fun. I should declare it a feature and move on :-)
> Or, I guess, I could fix it. Easy enough to do.

Famous last words. It was actually a bit harder than I thought and in
investigating this I found another issue with manually adding dives (where
we would incorrectly update the dive list model and show the new dive
twice in the list under some circumstances).

Fixes for both were pushed and a new APK (-904) is available for download
now and should be available in Google Play shortly.

> > As a simple fix for this, the app should return to the dive list before going into the edit dialog, or not allow adding a dive when a dive is displayed.
>
> I'll implement the former.

That's not what I ended up doing, but the effect is similar. Just going
back to the dive list caused the edit dialog to be an empty page and I
could not figure out how to prevent this. The QML code was clearly
executed, the page just wasn't displayed. Very strange. But I found a
different way of doing things.

> > 2. When editting a dive, if the time is changed, but not the depth, the profile isn't updated.
>
> By "time" I assume you mean duration? Or the start time? Because how would
> the start time impact the profile... but with the duration changed it
> /should/ be redrawn. I'll look into this.

I now understand what you mean here - this used to work so I need to
figure out what I broke there...