Subsurface-mobile for Android first release

Willem Ferguson willemferguson at zoology.up.ac.za
Fri Mar 11 07:39:13 PST 2016

On 11/03/2016 16:58, Dirk Hohndel wrote:

> I wonder if you are running out of memory. Subsurface (because of the way
> it is built, and the interaction with git) is a fairly memory hungry
> application... what phone/tablet is that on? Do you happen to know how
> much memory that device has?
>
> /D

I use a Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge with 32 Gb RAM. I run the software no
problem at all on my wife's Galaxy S3 with only 8 Gb RAM. But still this
does not guarantee that I do not run out of RAM on 5.1.1 because who
knows how Android 5.1.1 does memory management compared to Android 4.3?
On the S3 the mobile app is rock-solid.

I forgot to mention one thing. On both the S3 and the S6 using build
1058, when I delete a dive the undo button does not appear at all.

Kind regards,
willem