Subsurface-mobile for Android first release

Miika Turkia miika.turkia at gmail.com
Fri Mar 11 07:56:23 PST 2016

On Fri, Mar 11, 2016 at 5:39 PM, Willem Ferguson
<willemferguson at zoology.up.ac.za> wrote:
> On 11/03/2016 16:58, Dirk Hohndel wrote:
>>

>> I wonder if you are running out of memory. Subsurface (because of the way
>> it is built, and the interaction with git) is a fairly memory hungry
>> application... what phone/tablet is that on? Do you happen to know how
>> much memory that device has?
>>
>> /D
>>
> I use a Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge with 32 Gb RAM. I run the software no problem
> at all on my wife's Galaxy S3 with only 8 Gb RAM. But still this does not
> guarantee that I do not run out of RAM on 5.1.1 because who knows how
> Android 5.1.1 does memory management compared to Android 4.3? On the S3 the
> mobile app is rock-solid.
>
> I forgot to mention one thing. On both the S3 and the S6 using build 1058,
> when I delete a dive the undo button does not appear at all.

---8<---
I/DEBUG   ( 2945): pid: 11340, tid: 11386, name: QtThread  >>>
org.subsurfacedivelog.mobile <<<
E/lowmemorykiller( 2928): Error writing /proc/11340/oom_score_adj; errno=22
---8<---

Smells like out of memory to me. I suspect that you mix available
storage with amount of RAM. A quick googling states that Galaxy S3 has
1GB of RAM.

miika