Subsurface-mobile, next round

Davide DB dbdavide at gmail.com
Sat Apr 15 08:06:27 PDT 2017

On 15 April 2017 at 16:36, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:

> the font size really is what's killing it. And that I still don't fully understand.
> We are asking the phone for its default font, so that SHOULD be a well
> proportioned font. Why does this give us a really nice looking font on many
> (most?) phones, and then something way too big on some phones?

It's seems to use just one font in several sizes without using
"Condensed" and "Bold" types when needed. One example is the dive
list: all info for a dive have same emphasis which is wrong by design.
Dive name or dive numer or date, one of them should be used as dive
record title.

Sorry for being nit-picker. If you it useful I could give some feeback
on the UI from a user  POV.
Of course I realize that ATM there are other problem to resolve.

> BTW: which tool did you use for the screen cast? That's pretty cool
> and could be useful to make small tutorials...

AZ Screen Recorder
I'm not sure it's the best but it seems to work without too many ads

In the meantime a new screencast from a Nexus 5X Android 7.1.2

Same behaviour with a lag of several seconds after the above sequence.

https://goo.gl/photos/MwXzA8haCSBpdvdG9

I tried with other operation sequence and I do not get lags

Font situation seems the same. Square is 2x2

--
Davide
https://vimeo.com/bocio/videos