Translations

Tim Wootton tim at tee-jay.org.uk
Mon Feb 20 05:52:27 PST 2017

The Subsurface CodingStyle file provides this guidance for these situations:

  Only the first word of multi-word text strings should be captalized unless
  a word would normally be capitalized mid-sentance, like Africa. This
applies
  to all UI text including menus, menu items, tool-tips, button text and
label
  text etc. e.g. "Check for updates" rather than "Check for Updates".

  Abbreviations should end with a period, e.g. "temp." not "temp" for
  temperature.

There doesn't seem to be a view on the full-stop (period) at the and of
a sentence, perhaps we should add one, as the key here IMHO is consistency.

cheers,

Tim