Request for information for user manual: SmartTrac

Willem Ferguson willemferguson at zoology.up.ac.za
Thu Jan 5 05:10:19 PST 2017

On 05/01/2017 13:37, Pedro Neves wrote:
> On 05-01-2017 09:17, Willem Ferguson wrote:
>> Does anyone have any information about this? It is listed as a new
>> feature of Subsurface V4.6 Beta V1.
>
> Hi Willem:
>
> I know Salvador contributed with some code for an external application
> that imports .slg files and converts them to Subsurface logboook format.
> I've used a few months ago to import old files that I had laying around.
>
> IIRC, it was decided to keep this code as a separate application
> because its compilation requires the use of libmdb. Last time I've
> used it, I had to apply two of Salva's patches that weren't on our
> master (I haven't tried to compile it again, so I don't know whether
> it works out of the box or not). To me it's a very useful piece of
> code (Uwatec/Scubapro Aladin's line of dive computers is very popular
> in Portugal) and I don't mind trying to compile it are write something
> about it for the manual, if you think it's useful.
>
> All the best:
>
> Pedro
> _
Pedro, that would be really great because I have not used that facility
at all. The user manual has a section dealing with imports from
protrietary divelogs, e.g. Mares, Suunto. I would suspect we would put
the Scubapro information there as well.

The conversion software, is it Win-only? From the discussion at the time
it looks like it actually runs on Linux as well.

Who is the maintainer of the code?

You can write telegram-style, I will rework it and send it to you for
approval.
Kind regards,
willem