latest Android test binary

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Sat Jul 22 12:23:52 PDT 2017

I started testing the new binary and it seems not broken, so that's good
:-)

Most everything in the changes I really like. The new menu layout makes a
lot more sense. I miss the easily visible / accessible switch for the
location service (but that may be just me... this seems like something I
really want to be able to see at a glance when checking my phone while on
the dive boat).

What I wonder about is the switch to "switches" (no pun intended). I know
that they are the Android standard, but I think they provide zero
incremental value compared to having check boxes - and the round bigger
switches and the smaller more squared check boxes (for example on the
settings page) really do look odd together. I don't think this is quite
right, yet.