Help installing Subsurface in Ubuntu?

Rick Walsh rickmwalsh at gmail.com
Mon Jun 5 20:36:06 PDT 2017

On 6 June 2017 at 13:28, Frank O'Donnell <ssf at inkbox.net> wrote:

> Rick, thanks for the very helpful message.
>
> On 6/5/17 7:57 PM, Rick Walsh wrote:
>
> Install prerequisites for Subsurface and the additional prerequisites for
> the SmartTrak tool.
>
> sudo apt-get install git g++ make autoconf libtool cmake pkg-config
>         libxml2-dev libxslt1-dev libzip-dev libsqlite3-dev
>         automake libusb-1.0-0-dev libgit2-dev libssl-dev
>         qt5-default qt5-qmake qtchooser qttools5-dev-tools libqt5svg5-dev
>         libqt5webkit5-dev libqt5qml5 libqt5quick5 libqt5declarative5
>         qtscript5-dev libssh2-1-dev qttools5-dev
>         qtpositioning5-dev qtconnectivity5-dev libglib2.0-dev mdbtools-dev
>
> Get the sources for the latest stable version of Subsurface:
>
> mkdir -p ~/src
> cd ~/src
> git clone  git://github.com/Subsurface-divelog/subsurface
> cd subsurface
> git checkout v4.6.4
>
> The above steps appeared to go smoothly
>
> Configure to build the SmartTrak tool
> ccmake build
> Scroll down to SMARTTRAK_IMPORT and hit enter to change to ON, then "c" to
> configure, and "g" to save and exit
>
> Here I ran into a problem. When I executed "ccmake build," it complained
> that no /build directory existed.

Sorry, my instructions missed that.  The easiest way to create the build
directory is to let it be created when running the build.sh script.  After
that, configure ccmake and run build.sh again.

cd ~/src
./subsurface/scripts/build.sh
(assuming all build correctly)
cd subsurface
ccmake build
(enable SMARTTRAK_IMPORT)
cd ..
./subsurface/scripts/build.sh
(builds Subsurface again, this time including the import tool; it won't
take nearly as long since you've already built Subsurface once)