Import dives from Smart Trak software?

Anton Lundin glance at acc.umu.se
Tue Mar 7 14:16:38 PST 2017

On 07 March, 2017 - Rick Walsh wrote:

> On 7 Mar 2017 2:53 AM, "Anton Lundin" <glance at acc.umu.se> wrote:
>
> On 06 March, 2017 - Jenny Ough wrote:
>
> > Hi team
> >

> Hi Jenny, great to see another Australian here.
>

> > Just wondering if I would be able to import my dives from my existing
> > SmartTrak software into your software? No multiple gas dives - just either
> > air or nitrox. Screen shot below. My computer died, so all the details you
> > see below have been manually input.
>
> There's a tool, smrtk2ssrf, which does the one-off task of converting a
> SmartTrak logbook into a ssrf-logbook. It's currently a Linux-only tool,
> but if you're not capable, comfortable or otherwise able to run it,
> there are probably plenty of folks here on the list who can do the
> actual converting for you.
>
> > I'm about to purchase a Shearwater Perdix - does Subsurface talk to that
> > computer?
>
> Subsurface works great with Shearwater Perdix.
>

> Anton, I thought there was still an issue with the Perdix using only BLE,
> rather than regular Bluetooth, and we are not yet with supporting BLE. Can
> you confirm?
>
> Subsurface definitely works great with the Shearwater Petrel.

Ok, I took a nose first dive into some documentation and this and here
is what I came up with:

Shearwater Perdix has a "Smart Ready Bluetooth Interface"

Shearwater Perdix AI has a "Bluetooth Smart Interface"

According to random internet sites[1,2] "Smart ready" means v2(classic)
and v4(btle), while "Smart" means v4(btle) only.

So, that basically says: Perdix works with Subsurface while Perdix AI
doesn't. Subsurface only does v2(classic) currently.

//Anton

1. http://www.laptopmag.com/articles/just-what-is-bluetooth-4-0-anyway
2. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bluetooth§

--