AppImages and continuous integration (Guillaume Gardet)

Dietrich Meyer dietrich at sunnynames.com
Mon Nov 6 01:24:48 PST 2017

> Hi,
>
> just tested on openSUSE Leap 42.3, and I get the following error:
>      ./Subsurface-5196b46-x86_64.AppImage: symbol lookup error:
>      /lib64/libssl.so.1.0.0: undefined symbol: OPENSSL_init_library>
> Guillaume
>

> Le 06/11/2017 à 07:09, Dirk Hohndel a écrit :
> > Thanks to @probono (dang, Simon, I took your commits without SOB... that's
> > wrong  ) we now have a working (I think) AppImage again. Even better, we
> > get that AppImage as part of the Travis CI run after every push / merge
> > in the repo.
> >
> > WAY COOL.
> >
> > At any point of time, the latest test build can be found at
> > https://github.com/Subsurface-divelog/subsurface/releases/tag/continuous
> >
> > Before I announce this to the world (and make a 4.7.3 release that
> > includes an AppImage I would really ask as many of you as possible (those
> > with access to Linux systems) to try the AppImage and report back which
> > Linux distro you tried this with.

Hi,

tested the Appimage on Opensuse Tumbleweed, but due to time limitations just a
quick "start the app, select some dives, edit dive site".  Everything works,
most of the time.
Only once there was a problem with connecting to the cloud, but the other
three times I started the appimage it connected to cloud without problems.

On the console I get some warnings:

libpng warning: iCCP: known incorrect sRGB profile
libpng warning: iCCP: known incorrect sRGB profile
qt.network.ssl: QSslSocket: cannot resolve SSLv2_client_method
qt.network.ssl: QSslSocket: cannot resolve SSLv2_server_method

The later two not only when cloud connections failed but also when it worked.
So seems to be not connected to that....

Startup time of the "native" opensuse flavour of subsurface, installed via
Zypper, seems faster, but that's only my subjective impression, no scientific
measurements taken...

Dietrich