Subsurface-mobile V2 user manual

Willem Ferguson willemferguson at zoology.up.ac.za
Wed Oct 11 01:08:53 PDT 2017

Below is the link to the new version of the user manual. I received
comments only from Dirk.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/y2j3bkvecoui3pi/Mobile_user_manual_V2.zip?dl=0

Jan, you submitted some changes to the manual in March this year. Are
these still reflected?

Virtually all of the images have been replaced. Is the sizing of the
images ok or should they be somewhat smaller?

Dirk, are you prepared to pull these for me, please? (unless you would
like any more substantial edits which I would do with pleasure)

Some comments on my edits:

1) The use of second person in the text. While I respect the view that
the text should be informal and user-oriented, too many cases of the
word "you" in a single paragraph or section is bad style. In these cases
I have in some places replaced it with the third person "one" to let it
read more fluently. In other cases, the use of the second person is
wordy e.g. "You can press the Cancel button" I changed to a direct
instruction "Press the Cancel button".

2) I used links in the present version of the user manual. I hope links
work when the HTML is rendered within Subsurface-mobile.

Kind regards,
willem

Please refer to
http://upnet.up.ac.za/services/it/documentation/docs/004167.pdf for full