Please help... Re: website translation experiments

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Fri Jul 27 17:38:24 PDT 2018

Sorry I'm so slow responding. Busy with my day job...

> On Jul 24, 2018, at 4:14 AM, Sergey Starosek <sergey.starosek at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 23, 2018 at 7:32 PM Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org <mailto:dirk at hohndel.org>> wrote:
> I re-ran things against the three files currently on Transifex and as far as I can tell the results look good.
> I'd appreciate if people could check them in the various translations and tell me if they can spot issues
>
> https://subsurface-divelog.org/ <https://subsurface-divelog.org/>
> https://subsurface-divelog.org/2018/07/announcing-subsurface-4-8-1/ <https://subsurface-divelog.org/2018/07/announcing-subsurface-4-8-1/>
> https://subsurface-divelog.org/2018/06/announcing-subsurface-4-8/ <https://subsurface-divelog.org/2018/06/announcing-subsurface-4-8/>
>
> If your browser is set up in a non-English language that we support, it should show the localized version
> as you click on those links (does that still work? I haven't tested that in a while). And in any case, you can
> just use the language-selector at the bottom of each page...
>
> I observe two problems here:
>
> 1) redirects to announcement pages are broken, doesn't matter whether Accept-Language HTTP header is present or not.

You can see that it sets a cookie to remember that you want English as preferred language (that's the icl_visitor_lang_js= en).
But I don't understand why it tries to forward you to a __transhed page. That's weird.
Ah, database corruption. The main post thought that its translations were trashed. WTF?

> 2) Home page does not handle Accept-Language header at all, English page is always returned. I have to manually click language selector at the bottom.

The language plugin SHOULD handle that, but it doesn't right now. I'm trying to figure out why...
Fixed it