Shutting down the GPS web service (and removing it from Subsurface apps)

Jan Mulder jlmulder at xs4all.nl
Mon Sep 10 03:52:53 PDT 2018

On 9/8/18 7:31 PM, Miika Turkia wrote:

>> And a thought. The future solution on mobile needs also to work without cloud account.
>
> it already does. Kind of. Right now you can manage dives and gps on single mobile device. (if dc dl is supported in the phone)

Well, some more thinking on this, I think we need to realize that we
will possibly disappoint 1 type of users. The user that does not use the
online cloud storage in the new style (without web service) has not way
any more to transfer GPS data from the mobile device to a desktop
logbook. I said before "The future solution on mobile needs also to work
without cloud account", which I now believe is fundamentally impossible.

Thinking more of this ... it is what it is. If a user does not want to
share the logbook (for whatever reason), the user cannot share a small
part of the logbook (GPS data) to a different device or desktop
application as well. Where "share" means, sharing it with the online
cloud account.

--jan