[TEST REQUEST] Windows Bluetooth LE build

Lubomir I. Ivanov neolit123 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 28 15:18:27 PDT 2018

On 29 September 2018 at 01:03, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:

> That looks… “interesting”.
> So your code is Qt 5.9.5 based?
> We are currently building against Qt 5.10.1
> I guess I’ll need to figure out if this works against Qt 5.10.1 as well or
> if we are better off downgrading overall.
> Not sure if I want to tackle this for Subsurface 4.8.3 - that sounds like I
> might be breaking way too many things.

i think the code was fine building against 5.9 but they switched to a
new Qt feature that broke QtConnectivity against older QtBase and 5.11
was now required.
that's the only reason i did that switch.

digging for the exact feature...i cannot find it / i don't remember.

something else to note here, it seems that Alex hasn't merged the
`dev` branch in the `wip/win` branch in a while, so if the build fails
for you we need to ping him.

> And on the off chance that this does sound even the least bit critical
> (because I have been told by others today that I’m a bit grumpy): I am super
> happy with your progress there. Lack of BLE support on Windows was a huge
> concern for me and this is awesome. We may not get this for 4.8.3, but we
> should be able to get “something” out very soon.

as said earlier, credit goes to Linus, as he fixed it by fixing the
support for the other DC (was it a Mares?).

lubomir