Subsurface 4.8.5 and Subsurface-mobile 2.1.6 soon

Lubomir I. Ivanov neolit123 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 24 05:40:37 PST 2019

On Thu, 24 Jan 2019 at 14:42, Jan Mulder <jlmulder at xs4all.nl> wrote:

> So, I did a second Windows 8 try using my OSTC3. Configure DC works
> "always" when connecting over BT, but fails over BLE. Download sort of
> works. Sort of, as it sometimes succeeds and sometimes fails. I cannot
> really tell which way the data came in (which is related to my issue on
> GitHub #1891). But maybe that Windows 8 machine is not recent enough to
> work properly under BLE.

yep, in fact Windows 10 (10.0.17134) is the minimum version that is
somehow stable.

status update:
- installer: http://subsurface-divelog.org/downloads/test/subsurface-4.8.4-66-g2b9da3504b05.exe
- windows 10 version 10.0.17134.523
- latest BT(LE) drivers from motherboard vendor

- Perrdix AI needs removing the device and adding it back again but
download work consistently after doing that every time.
- OSTC+ stable, works first try with no reconnect needed.

seems like Subsurface is a non-factor for BTLE Windows failures at this point.

lubomir