Importing dives from Shearwater Perdix AI straight into Subsurface

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Wed Dec 23 09:33:27 PST 2020

> On Dec 23, 2020, at 9:26 AM, tormento via subsurface <subsurface at subsurface-divelog.org> wrote:
>
> Dear Dirk,
>
> I live in a country house, surrounded by fields only.
>
> The only signal I receive is my Wi-Fi and I always shut down BT devices when not in use.
>
> I have followed your steps many times, with no success.
>
> I asked many times which BT dongles currently the Windows people use, with no answers for me.

I use the builtin BLE adapter in a Dell Latitude 7480
Before that I used the Shearwater provided BLE dongle with a Samsung laptop that I no longer have.

> Shearwater Desktop works every single time, no problems, no hiccups. I tried in a really “noisy” environment too and no issues.

Correct. Because they use different software infrastructure than we do.
Our program works across five OSs with dozens of dive computers. There's is custom built for Windows and works with their own dive computers only

> Why Subsurface is so picky? It can’t be a matter of BT dongle, as I use the same that works flawlessly with Shearwater Desktop, neither the hardware for the very same reason.
>
> It seems to me black magic and, again, I saw no other person but you to successfully download dives under Windows 10.
>
> Which dongle do you use? Which operating system build? Did you try with latest ones?

See above. Since this is a work / IT managed laptop, it's typically on the very latest Windows 10 Enterprise build.

Alberto, I understand your frustration.

I wonder if you understand mine. I do this as a hobby because it's fun. Getting yelled at for something that I do for you for free is not my definition of fun.

Please use the Shearwater dive log.