Import dives from Cressi Cartesio

Linus Torvalds torvalds at linux-foundation.org
Tue Feb 4 22:13:44 PST 2020

On Mon, Feb 3, 2020 at 6:57 PM Martin de Weger <martin at deweger.org> wrote:

> I’ve purchased a Cressi Cartesio with the (bluetooth enabled) interface. I’ve ran into a few issues with this setup on Subsurface:
>
> I’m unable to download the dives on my Mac and on my iPhone using Bluetooth with Subsurface. When using the Cressi App, I’m able to download via Bluetooth;
> When downloading on my Mac with an USB cable connection, some off the dives show a depth of 200+meters (over 600 feet) while my Shearwater shows a depth of maximal 32 meters. In the Cressi app the dives are shown as they actually were made.
>
> What information you you guys need from me to look further into this issue?

A few basic things:

 (1) When downloading using USB, check the "create libdivecomputer
dumpfile" option - that will mean that no actual dives get downloaded,
but you should get a memory dump that you can send to Jef:

    Jef Driesen  <jef at libdivecomputer.org>

 (2) Also send Jef the screenshot from the Cressi App of the profile
and other information from the download, so that Jef sees what it
*should* look like.

 (3) Finally, can you use the "nRF Connect" app to look at the
bluetooth details of that bluetooth dongle thing? I'm assuming you're
using that HAL 9000 BT interface to download on the Cressi app? No
promises, but if it looks like most other serial to BLE dongles, the
BLE side might not be too painful to add.

But there's clearly something wrong with parsing, and that's the
primary issue - downloading over bluetooth won't fix that.

            Linus