Transifex translation PRs - and a question about the German translation

Robert Helling helling at atdotde.de
Mon Feb 20 00:57:05 PST 2023

Hi Dirk,

> On 20. Feb 2023, at 00:34, Dirk Hohndel via subsurface <subsurface at subsurface-divelog.org> wrote:
>
> For those of you working on the German translations - I notice that someone started shifting from "Sie" to "Du"... I'd love to have a conversation about the preference amongst the German translators... I don't have an opinion (I never use software in German), but I want to make sure we are consistent.

in those parts where I did German translations I tried to avoid the distinction using passive voice etc.

When I did my first diving course in 1994, the instructor explained to us right at the start that divers address each other as „Du" (and I understand similar rules apply in the mountains above 1000m). So I would opt for Subsurface also addressing its users (if it cannot be avoided) by „Du“.

Sehr geehrte Damen und Herren, ich verbleibe fürderhin mit den freundlichsten Grüßen.

Hochachtungsvoll
Dr. Robert Helling
Oberrat